Do you love eating banana bread? Made from mashed bananas, it’s not surprising why this simple yet scrumptious bread is a global favourite. Banana breads are usually baked as traditional raised breads but some bakers put a little twist into their versions of this popular product and make them as cakes too. In Australia, many bakers and even supermarkets sell banana breads like the famous banana bread Woolworths offers.
The recipe of banana bread first appeared in American cookbooks sometime in 1930. Through time banana bread gained acceptance and popularity that even a National Banana Bread day was declared in the US and is celebrated every 23rd day of February. Don’t overlook this seemingly simple baked product because you just might be surprised at the perks of baking or buying it:
- May be served during breakfast or mid day snack time – Breads are considered as staple breakfast food by people from different parts of the world so banana bread would be a definite hit in most households. It may also be served as mid day snack together with tea, coffee or juice. What’s great about banana bread is that unlike plain, unflavoured breads you get to enjoy that yummy, fruity flavour that only bananas can provide.
- Ideal kids’ school snack – Banana breads are also ideal kids’ snack option. You may either bake it yourself or buy from bakeries or supermarkets like banana bread Woolworths stores offer. What’s good with baking your own banana bread is that you can either follow the traditional recipe or make your own version and add extra flavours or toppings which your kids would love.
- May be included in a party menu – You can also serve banana bread on your next birthday party or any special occasion gathering. Bake it yourself or if you don’t have time, you may also buy some restaurant banana bread and serve it with side munchies. You may also bring some banana bread loaves to a party that you’ve been invited to.
- Party giveaway or souvenir option – Nowadays many people use baked goodies as giveaways to guests during weddings, debutante parties, and even corporate events. The trick here is to wrap them up really nicely and decorate the packaging with a personalized greeting. You may also put brightly coloured frosting or icing to make it more appealing and appetizing.
- May be an additional source of income – Why don’t you make your own version of banana bread and sell it to potential customers? If you do it really well, yours can even rival that of the banana bread Woolworths currently sells! Don’t stop until you nail that killer recipe that will allow you to perhaps serve some hugely popular cafe banana bread at your own bakery or shop. Visit our official website at Country Chef
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and bake or buy some banana bread now! If you’re searching for companies that sell banana bread or bakeries that know how to make pavlova and other pastries, start by visiting The Country Chef Bakery Co.